Valentine’s Day is the ideal holiday to test your culinary skills and create delicious dishes for a romantic dinner occasion. Some couples celebrate this day with a special dinner, decorating it with petals, candles and every other cheesy detail, but often they forget the most important thing: a delicious dinner!
So I’ve thought to share with you 3 Vallarta recipes to make your Valentine’s dinner a success –I’m sure it will be exquisite!
Appetizer //Vallarta-Nayarit style Mussel cream with saffron and ragout
- Chopped carrots 60 g
- Fish fumé 600 ml
- Heavy cream 2 L
- Chopped green onions 10 g
- White wine 220 ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (as much as you want)
- Live mussels 5 kg
- Saffron 20 g
- Chopped white onion 80 g
- Minced garlic 20 g
- Wash and disinfect all ingredients.
- Preheat a pan with olive oil, put the mussels and cover.
- Keep them in high temperature and add white wine, salt and pepper; let white wine to open the mussels.
- Turn off the heat and clean the mussels of any dirt.
- Sauté in another pan the onion, garlic and carrot; add ¾ of clean mussels.
- Add the saffron petals and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fish fume and let it reduce for 12 minutes; reserve 120 ml of cream, add the cream let it there until it boils and blend it.
- For the ragout, sauté the rest of the mussels with 120 ml. liquefied cream and add the chopped scallions, now just let it reduce.
Entrees // Puerto Vallarta-style Lobster ceviche
- Onion 80 g
- Red cabbage 60 g
- Pineapple 60 g
- Cucumber 60 g
- Jalapeno to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lobster tail 400 g
- Arugula 60 g
- Carambola 50 g
- Tomato 120 g
- Cook the lobster with the Shell; once cooked, remove the shell and clean the digestive tract.
- Cut it into pieces, put in a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes, chopped and seeded jalapeno, chopped onion, chopped pineapple, chopped cucumber and the startfruit.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper mixture.
-Arúgulas and Lombard
- Cut the cabbage and place at the bottom of the plate with the arugula.
Dessert // Yelapa style Coconut pie
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 coconuts
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 5 yolks
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Add salt to the flour, then add the oil, sugar and water; knead until smooth dough comes out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin.
- Rub the butter around the pan and cover it with the dough.
- Click the dough with a fork at the bottom of the pan and place it in the oven at 150 ° C for about 15 minutes.
- Separate the white coconut meat and cut into small pieces.
- Place the coconut in a blender with a cup of boiling water and blend it for 3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and separate two tablespoons from the zest.
- Mix the coconut milk with condensed milk, egg yolks and put the mixture in a water bath, stirring on continuously until thickened.
- Add the butter and set aside.
- Place the coconut cream filling into the mold.
Ready! Now enjoy your Valentine’s dinner Puerto Vallarta style with your loved one.