If you don´t know Boca de Tomates, we recommend visiting this beautiful place near to Puerto Vallarta.
Enjoy its beautiful vegetation and delicious food in its restaurants near to the beach, while watching the characteristic sunsets of Vallarta-Nayarit. Zarandeado fish is the most typical dish at Boca de Tomates; with its exquisite blend of flavors, it has become a visitors’ favorite.
Try Zarandeado Fish at home and enjoy a piece of Vallarta Nayarit!
- 1 fish butterfly style
- 1 garlic head
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon sauce of your choice
- English sauce
- Maggi juice
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1/4 sweet pepper
- Put the fish on a grill press covered with foil (only the bottom). In a small pan, add the garlic cloves (peeled) and oil in low heat, and fried them.
- After, apply salt and pepper to fish.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, your favorite sauce, and few drops of Maggi, English and Soy sauce.
- Take out the eyes of the fish, press them until you get a puree; apply it to the fish with a brush.
- Put the peppers and the onion on the fish, and roast each side for approximately 10 minutes.
Bon Appetite! Cook this authentic Mexican dish and share your experiences.
Photo credit: San Marino hotel