Guacamanía: The New Obsession with Avocado
Have you ever wondered where avocados come from? The oldest evidence of avocado consumption is found in a cave in Coaxcatlán, Puebla, from about seven or eight thousand years ago. The word avocado in the Nahuatl language is ahuacatl, while the word guacamole comes from ahuacamolli, whose translation is avocado sauce.
Here are a few benefits of avocados and their nutritional properties, to show you why the world is going crazy for this green fruit.
- They contain omega 3 fatty acids.
- Their creamy texture allows them to be used in place of butter, cheese and cream.
- Avocados do not have cholesterol or sodium, and they have very low levels of saturated fat.
- They are rich in nutrients and provide potassium, magnesium, folates, dietary fiber, riboflavin and vitamins C, E and B6.
- Avocados are rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and anti-illness phytochemicals such as lutein.
- They also protect against various types of cancer.
- Avocados have 60% more potassium than bananas.
- Magnesium provided by avocados encourages energy production and is important for muscular contraction and relaxation.
- Avocado fibers reduce the risk of heart attack.
An Tribute to Avocados
You’re probably dying to make yourself some avocado toast now, or a delicious guacamole, but if you’re a true fan of the fruit you simply have to visit Casa Velas, a Luxury All Inclusive Boutique Hotel for adults only in Puerto Vallarta. Casa Velas is presenting “Guacamanía”, an authentic tribute to avocados in all their glory. There are countless options for enjoying this celestial ingredient, all of which are available during guests’ stay at the property.
Can you imagine eating this irresistible treat 24 hours a day? A perfect day at Casa Velas begins with a nutritional avocado smoothie and a balanced breakfast, before heading to the luxurious ABJA Spa for an avocado seed exfoliation followed by a body wrap.
Guacamania’s main character is a bonafide Guacamologist, a chef who is available to prepare guacamole just how you like it. Every guest has the chance to choose exciting additions to their mixture, from mango and jicama to exotic ingredients like salty roasted chapulín grasshoppers and spicy Mexican ants to create the most appetizing combination.
And as if that wasn’t enough, Guacamania also features activities like cooking lessons, where visitors learn to prepare various dishes with this star ingredient.
Imagine yourself on the beach ordering a fresh avocado margarita on the rocks! Guacamania also makes that possible, with an exclusive menu of cocktails with avocado, which you can enjoy both at the Ocean Club and main pool.
If you’ve made it to this point, you’ve probably realized that Casa Velas is the perfect place for your next getaway. Avocado is the star of the show in every sense, and you can enjoy it from sunrise to sunset (because at night, of course, you’ll find chocolate-avocado truffles when you return to your suite).
And finally, one last tip: Try the avocado ice cream! It’s creamy and delicious – the perfect dessert! See you at Guacamania!
By Lucía de la Parra.