The Citywide Delights of Puerto Vallarta Restaurant Week
Beachfront bistros serving fresh shrimp 30 different ways, tableside guacamole in the sea breeze, authentic Oaxacan mole, European pastries, & award-winning Asian fusion – that’s just a taste of what’s in store during PV Restaurant Week, May 15-31.
Sharing in the global trend of discount seasonal menus aimed at tantalizing food-lovers all kinds, Banderas Bay dining doesn’t get any better than this 17-day regional festival. Puerto Vallarta Restaurant Week has been treating locals and visitors alike to delectable menus at dozens of the best restaurants in Riviera Nayarit, every year since 2005. While the dates haven’t changed, the number of participating eateries has certainly grown. This year, over 40 distinguished chefs will offer three-course menus (with three options for each course), affordably priced at either 229 or 349 pesos. A few of our favorites include:
- Archie’s Wok (Francisca Rodriguez 130) – PV’s favorite Asian fusion eatery, featuring dishes inspired by Thailand, the Philippines, and across the Pacific Rim.
- Benitto’s Paninoteca (Paseo de la Marina 121) – A European focus on artisanal bread and baking lies at the heart of this beloved bistro.
- Si Señor Beach (Ampas 114-C) – Tableside guacamole, deep, dark Oaxacan mole, and sea-fresh ceviche make the beachfront scene all the more priceless.
- No Way José! (5 de Febrero 260) – Widely celebrated for providing the best service in the city, spontaneous singing, flaming coffees, and the creamy/spicy/sweet/nutty Chiles en Nogada are all staples.
- The Blue Shrimp (Olas Altas 366) – Serving lobster, fish, and oysters that are caught fresh daily, over 30 preparations of shrimp have made this place a star.
Get the Most Out of Your Culinary Tour
Be sure to visit the PV Restaurant Week website for an up-to-date guide of participating eateries, as well as their prix fixe menus. Bear in mind that some serve specially priced lunches, so don’t forget to ask when you call and make your reservation (which you will want to do). And please, consider tipping your server a little more than normal, as Restaurant Week menus are often priced at a 50% discount.